So, Why go to Market?
It’s the last day of Las Vegas Market, and while I’m not in love with the desert heat, I’m having an amazing time viewing the hottest trends and designs in the industry from furniture to decor. Las Vegas Market is the largest and most comprehensive Furniture, Home Décor & Gift wholesale market from the Mississippi to the West Coast and I am amazed that more people don’t take advantage of going! Here are my top 5 reasons interior designers MUST come to market…
1) Networking.If you want to build your circle of influence, there is no better place to be. You won’t meet everyone, but every time I come, I meet someone new and incredible in this industry.
2) Trends. I went to a trend report session yesterday put on by Abbyson Home, and it was super helpful to see what is hot, and what is coming up.
3) Touch and Feel. Customers are trusting you to make the big furniture decisions and part of that is knowing your products. Everything you could ever want is here, and what an awesome way to understand all the aspects of the products you are calling for. See and learn about new and unfamiliar products, brands and manufacturers in person.
4) Industry knowledge. When at Market, you hear and find out what is happening in the industry. You learn tips and tricks on how to build your business as well as meet, and see, what industry influencers are doing. Market can help motivate you and get you to the next level.
5) Stories. I’m a big believer of selling with stories. So many things happen at Market and it can give you an arsenal of stories to come home with, share with your customers, and/ share on your blog and social media.
Throughout the year, there are at least four, if not eight, different opportunities for you to go to Market around the country. There is no reason why you shouldn’t attend at least one!
I have listed some of the obvious reasons and more tangible reasons, but there are lots of reasons why I enjoy market, and so many of my friends go to multiple markets every year. The friendships, laughs, and memories that are made have no price-tag, but mean so much to me. I’m a relative newbie to the industry, and I have found it to be warm, welcoming, and amazing. If you ever feel alone and like an island, this is a great way to bust through that and spend time with other professionals that truly understand what you go through on a daily basis.
Hope to see you at one of the below events coming up.
- Upcoming Events and Markets
BDNY 2017 – Nov 12 – 13
KBIS – Jan 9 – 11
ICFF Miami– Oct 3 – 4
High Point Market – Oct 14 – 18