15 – Fu-Tung Cheng: Kitchen designer turned whole home designer
- Based out of: Berkeley, CA
- Where did you go to school: UCLA and Univ. of CA at Berkeley
- Drink preference: Beer, wine, then a cocktail
- Favorite place to work: Puerto Rico
- When did you start designing: at 38 – 17 years ago
- Computer preference: Mac
Starting as a kitchen designer, Fu-Tung owner of Cheng Design, has become a very noted and successful designer. He has a line of hoods that he designs for Zephyr, he is a published author, documenting his work, was nominated into the National Kitchen and Bath Hall of Fame, he designs homes all over California, and has a boutique line of sculptural concrete countertops — Geocrete™ . Fu-Tung came to Denver to present on designing with concrete at an event I attended. His story of building a unique design firm was very interesting, and I thought it would be awesome to have him on the podcast.
To get in touch with Fu-Tung, contact him through his website at Chengdesign.com
If you would like to hear more episodes, please visit us on iTunes or on our website at thechaiseloungepodcast.com.