Marketing and selling yourself with Fred Berns (10:08)
● Many say they don’t market themselves. If you have a website and/or social media accounts, this is marketing! It’s more than an ad in a magazine.
- Build your network. Make a hit list of who you need to know.
- Probe for pain. What are the challenges, dilemmas, and pain points of those who you need to influence? Come up with solutions for that pain. Be the caregiver.
- Blog, market, and produce content for social media on those pain points. Solve your clients’ problems.
- Work with clients on a regular basis; be dependable.
- Educate clients on all services they offer and all they can do.
- Include a bio on your website, Houzz profile and other social media to spell out your capabilities.
- “Play billiards” – Set up your next shot. Up sell, cross sell.
If you are picking up with Fred is putting down, you can find more words of wisdom on http://interiordesignbusiness.net/ where he offers personalized coaching calls to take your business to the next level. Fred also specializes in promotional bios for designers at Bio Briefing and website coaching at Website Onceover.
Social Media with Phyllis Harbinger (24:16)
On Facebook, Phyllis utilizes her personal account as well as pages for DCI Studio, Harbinger Design Consulting, and even some private groups she has created or been invited to. By posting on these pages and within groups, Phyllis is able to get more visibility and attention on her content from these relevant audiences. Phyllis also mentioned that she is getting into Facebook videos more.
Phyllis also mentioned she works with Donna Cravotta from Social Sage PR. While it is absolutely acceptable to employ help with social media, it is important to remember that the content and engagement should be in your voice.
While Pinterest is a very popular social platform, Phyllis uses Wecora to connect with her clients instead. She invites clients to discussion boards to show and share thoughts back and forth. If you are interested in a promo code for Wecora, please contact The Chaise Lounge.
● Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
● Phone: (914) 734-1382
● Facebook: Harbinger Design Consulting
● Instagram: DCI Studio
If you would like to hear more episodes, please visit us on iTunes or on our website at TheChaiseLoungePodcast.com. Lastly, find The Chaise Lounge on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter or post a review on iTunes, you may even hear your review read live on our next podcast. With that said keep dreaming big, and keep designing a great design business. See ya!